Andy Manwaring, Founder and Senior Instructor of Defence4
Andy has been a trainer in the Military and Security Sector, a College Lecturer in Health & Social care and currently holds an 8th Dan in the martial art of Ju-Jitsu.
He has been a Consultant on Self Defence and Physical Intervention, developing techniques and risk assessing them for National Accreditation (with BILD), for organisations such as; the NHS, Local Government, G4S children’s services, plus other National Training providers. Also teaching and developing techniques for Police Defence Tactics trainers, Police Close Protection & Armed Response trainers and Police Special Operations (Counter Terrorist) trainers.
Andy Manwaring, the founder of Defence4, has over 38 years of experience in Martial Arts, having trained and taught all over the world, he has worked in the Security Industry, as a Door Supervisor, Close Protection team leader and trainer, a College Lecturer and worked for a National Awarding Organisation, developing National Qualifications, Training Trainers and responsible for regional Quality Assurance. Andy is the CEO of Affiniti Training, our training company, which is registered with the UK Register of Learning Providers (UKRLP) and the Skills Funding Agency (SFA).
Andy is a Registered Trainer Member of the ICM (TMICM), as well as achieving the ICM-Physical Skills Tutor Award (ICM-PSTA). He is currently on the Board of Directors for the ICM and on the development panels for both the Security and Social Care / Education. Recently Andy has had an input into the ICMs Handcuffing and Advanced/Restrictive restraint techniques for the security sector.
He is a trainer of; First Aid, Health and Safety, Personal Safety, Self Defence, Breakaway, Physical Intervention, Manual Handling, Moving & Handling of people, Medication, Fire Safety and Teaching Training.
- Certificate in Education, UCLAN, June 2008.
- Level 3 Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement, City & Guilds, Nov 2011
- Level 4 External Quality Assurance, Oct 2015.
- Level 3 Physical Skills Tutor Award, Institute of Conflict Management, June 2016.
- Level 3 EuroPrime Consulting Physical Intervention Tutor, NOCN, June 2016.
- Level 3 SAFERwork Physical Intervention Tutor, Skills for Security, Oct 2010.
- Level 3 Deliverers of Conflict Management Training, City & Guilds, Sept 2010.
- Level 4 Health & Safety in the Workplace, CIEH, July 2008.
- Level 3 First Aid at Work Certificate, Jan 2021.
- 7407 Level 4 Teaching Certificate, City & Guilds, July 2007.
- Train the trainer course in PoVA, Nov 2006.
- Level 2 Award in Door Supervision, NOCN, May 2006.
- Professional Trainer Certificate, CIEH, Apr 2005.
- Community Sport Leaders Award, CCPR, Dec 1986.